BigDog Mowers® are top-of-the-line residential and commercial riding lawn mowers from Excel Industries, the creator of the world’s first zero-turn riding mowers. BigDog Mowers® mowers are built with fabricated decks and backed by the same quality, technology and customer service that have made Excel a leader in the industry. For power, superior cut quality, and dependability, bring home a BigDog today.
Alpha 42″ Cut
The Alpha leads its class with top-quality cutting, power and style. Fitted with a powerful 21.5 horsepower Kawasaki engine*. Welded steel deck. LED lights. Rugged engine guard. Super-comfortable embroidered seat. All this with an industry-leading 7-year limited warranty and a price that leads the competition. The Alpha is truly the first of its kind.
ALPHA 42`` CUT
Stock Code: BDU939140EX
Welded steel deck. NOT STAMPED!
18" drive tyres, 11" caster tyres
Proven Hydro-Gear EZT transmission for smooth operation and extended life
Serviceable deck spindles
Toughest frame, front forks, and deck in the industry
Simplest maintenance in the industry
11.35 Litre (3 US gal) fuel capacity
Smooth Trak steering with automatic park brake system
Fast, professional zero turn productivity
Kawasaki premium and commercial grade engine
Always-on LED lights
Reinforced engine guard
- Engine: Kawasaki FR651V
- HP: 21.5 hp (16.0kW) @ 3600 rpm (Please Note: Horsepower rating as tested to SAE J1995 Standards.)
- Type: Air cooled, 90-degree V-twin, normally aspirated petrol engine.
- Ignition: Electronic
- Oil Filter: Spin-on engine oil filter / Total oil capacity 2.2 U.S. qt. (2.1 litre) w/filter
- Fuel: Unleaded (see engine manufacturers specifications)
- Fuel Capacity: 11.35 L (3 US gal)
- Air Filter: Cartridge air filter
- Cooling: Air cooled. Fly-wheel fan
- Governor: Mechanical
- PTO Clutch: Electric PTO Clutch
- Drive System: Dual hydrostatic. Hydro-Gear EZT
- Ground Speed - Forward: 0-10.46 kph (0-6.5 mph)
- Ground Speed - Reverse: 0-6.43 kph (0-4 mph)
- Steering: SmoothTrak twin-lever steering provides independent control of each drive wheel. Speed, forward, reverse, brake, and turns are all controlled with hand-operated controls.
- Brakes: "In Service: Hydrostatic dynamic braking. Parking: Patented automatic park brake system. "
- Caster Tyres: 11 x 4 - 5, smooth tread
- Drive Tyres: 18 x 8.50 - 8, turf tread
- Weight: 228 kg (501 lbs)
- Seat: Moulded-vinyl, suspension springs
- Construction: Mainframe is 3.25" x 1.5" x .120" (8.25 cm x 3.8 cm x .30 cm) rectangular steel tubing. Front caster wheels mounted with roller bearings on each wheel. Front caster forks are .25" (.63 cm) steel. Front axle fabricated with steel ball bearings.
- ROPS: **No ROPS**
- Seat Suspension: Seat-pan suspension springs standard.
- Controls: Hand-operated choke, throttle, ignition switch, electric mower clutch, Integrated parking brakes
- Cup Holder: One cup holder moulded into the left side fuel tank. Accommodates nearly any cup size
- Height: 39" (990 mm)
- Overall Length: 73" (1855 mm)
- Width: 44.4" (1128 mm) w/discharge chute up.
- Cutting Widths: 40.4" cut
- Deck Lift: Hand Operated
- Deck Construction: 11 ga, .120" (3.0 mm) fabricated welded steel deck with reinforced 14 ga (1.9 mm) spindle mounts and impact / trim areas featuring 1/4" (6.35 mm) steel bar.
- Cutting Height(s): "Hand-operated deck height adjustment. Height adjustment 1.5" to 4.5" (3.81 cm to 11.43 cm) "
- Blade(s): (2) Heavy-duty, heat treated blades. 20.5"
- Blade Drive: V-belt drive from engine with electric clutch.
- Spindles: Die cast aluminium housings with 3/4" (19.05 mm) steel shafts and steel ball bearings.
- Optional Accessories: "Optional accessories available for purchase separately include: Mulch Kit: BDA124448 - Blades included when purchasing this kit. Recycles clippings under deck allowing clippings to be cut and recut, then discharged down into the grass. Reduces handling of clippings, improves appearance, and recycles nutrients back to the soil. Catcher: BDA937441 - Non-powered, two-bag catcher. Light Kit: BDA119600 Steering Extension Arms: BDA333724 Engine Guard: BDA119603"
- Please Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
Download The User Manual
Copyright 2015~2020 Roy Gripske & Sons Pty. Ltd | All Rights Reserved |
PLP advises that product images supplied on this website are for illustration purposes only. PLP recommends that if you wish to purchase one of our products you should consult your nearest PLP dealer for the latest information on that PLP product, including pricing and availability.