BigDog Mowers® are top-of-the-line residential and commercial riding lawn mowers from Excel Industries, the creator of the world’s first zero-turn riding mowers. BigDog Mowers® mowers are built with fabricated decks and backed by the same quality, technology and customer service that have made Excel a leader in the industry. For power, superior cut quality, and dependability, bring home a BigDog today.
Alpha 42″ Cut
ALPHA 42`` CUT
Stock Code: BDU932897EX
Welded steel deck. NOT STAMPED!
18" drive tyres, 11" caster tyres
Proven Hydro-Gear EZT transmission for smooth operation and extended life
Serviceable deck spindles
Toughest frame, front forks, and deck in the industry
Simplest maintenance in the industry
11.35 Litre (3 US gal) fuel capacity
Smooth Trak steering with automatic park brake system
Fast, professional zero turn productivity
Kawasaki premium and commercial grade engine
- Engine: Kawasaki FR651V
- HP: 21.5 hp (16.0kW) @ 3600 rpm (Please Note: Horsepower rating as tested to SAE J1995 Standards.)
- Type: Air cooled, 90 degree V-twin, normally aspirated petrol engine.
- Ignition: Electronic
- Oil Filter: Spin-on engine oil filter / Total oil capacity 2.2 U.S. qt. (2.1 litre) w/filter
- Fuel: Unleaded (see engine manufacturers specifications)
- Fuel Capacity: 11.35 L (3 US gal)
- Air Filter: Cartridge air filter
- Cooling: Air cooled. Fly-wheel fan
- Governor: Mechanical
- PTO Clutch: Electric PTO Clutch
- Drive System: Dual hydrostatic. Hydro-Gear EZT
- Ground Speed - Forward: 0-10.46 kph (0-6.5 mph)
- Ground Speed - Reverse: 0-6.43 kph (0-4 mph)
- Steering: SmoothTrak twin-lever steering provides independent control of each drive wheel. Speed, forward, reverse, brake, and turns are all controlled with hand-operated controls.
- Brakes: In Service: Hydrostatic dynamic braking. Parking: Patented automatic park brake system.
- Caster Tyres: 11 x 4 - 5, smooth tread
- Tyres - Drive: 18 x 8.50 - 8, turf tread
- Weight: 228 kg (501 lbs)
- Seat: Moulded-vinyl, suspension springs
- Construction: Mainframe is 3.25" x 1.5" x .120" (8.25 cm x 3.8 cm x .30 cm) rectangular steel tubing. Front caster wheels mounted with roller bearings on each wheel. Front caster forks are .25" (.63 cm) steel. Front axle fabricated with steel ball bearings.
- ROPS: **No ROPS**
- Seat Suspension: Seat-pan suspension springs standard.
- Controls: Hand-operated choke, throttle, ignition switch, electric mower clutch, Integrated parking brakes
- Cup Holder: One cup holder moulded into the left side fuel tank. Accommodates nearly any cup size.
- Height: 39" (990 mm)
- Overall Length: 73" (1855 mm)
- Width 44.4" (1128 mm) w/discharge chute up.
- Cutting Widths: 42" cut
- Deck Lift: Hand Operated
- Deck Construction: 11 ga, .120" (3.0 mm) fabricated welded steel deck with reinforced 14 ga (1.9 mm) spindle mounts and impact / trim areas featuring 1/4" (6.35 mm) steel bar.
- Cutting Height(s): Hand-operated deck height adjustment. Height adjustment 1.5" to 4.5" (3.81 cm to 11.43 cm)
- Blade(s): (2) Heavy-duty, heat treated blades. 20.5"
- Blade Drive: V-belt drive from engine with electric clutch.
- Spindles: Die cast aluminium housings with 3/4" (19.05 mm) steel shafts and steel ball bearings with triple protection seals.
- Optional Accessories: Optional accessories available for purchase separately include: Mulch Kit: BDA117578 - Blades included when purchasing this kit. Recycles clippings under deck allowing clippings to be cut and recut, then discharged down into the grass. Reduces handling of clippings, improves appearance, and recycles nutrients back to the soil. Catcher: BDA933010 - Non-powered, two-bag catcher . Hour Meter: BDA117703 Light Kit: BDA119600 Kit Arm Rest: BDA605131 Extension Arms: BDA333724 Engine Guard: BDA119603
- Please Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
Download The User Manual
Copyright 2015~2017 Roy Gripske & Sons Pty. Ltd | All Rights Reserved |
PLP advises that product images supplied on this website are for illustration purposes only. PLP recommends that if you wish to purchase one of our products you should consult your nearest PLP dealer for the latest information on that PLP product, including pricing and availability.