BigDog Mowers® are top-of-the-line residential and commercial riding lawn mowers from Excel Industries, the creator of the world’s first zero-turn riding mowers. BigDog Mowers® mowers are built with fabricated decks and backed by the same quality, technology and customer service that have made Excel a leader in the industry. For power, superior cut quality, and dependability, bring home a BigDog today.
Alpha 52″ Cut
Our newest BigDog, the Alpha, leads its class with top-quality cutting, power and style. A Kawasaki engine standard and welded steel deck. Rugged engine guard. Super-comfortable embroidered seat and all this with an industry-leading 7-year limited residential warranty. The Alpha is truly the first of its kind.
ALPHA 52`` CUT
Stock Code: BDU932913EX
Welded steel deck, NOT STAMPED!
18" drive tyres, 11" caster tyres
Proven Hydro-Gear EZT transmission for smooth operation & extended life
Serviceable deck spindles
Toughest frame, front forks, and deck in the industry
Simplest maintenance in the industry
11.35 Litre (3 US gal) fuel capacity
Smooth Trak steering with automatic park brake system
Fast, professional zero turn productivity
Kawasaki premium and commercial grade engine
Always-on LED lights
Reinforced engine guard
- Engine: Kawasaki FR691V
- HP: 23.0 hp (17.2kW) @ 3600 rpm (Please Note: Horsepower rating as tested to SAE J1995 Standards.)
- Type: Air cooled, 90 degree V-twin, normally aspirated petrol engine.
- Ignition: Electronic
- Oil Filter: Spin-on engine oil filter / Total oil capacity 2.2 U.S. qt. (2.1 litre) w/filter
- Fuel: Unleaded (see engine manufacturers specifications)
- Fuel Capacity: 11.35 L (3 US gal)
- Air Filter: Cartridge air filter
- Cooling: Air cooled. Fly-wheel fan
- Governor: Mechanical
- PTO Clutch: Electric PTO Clutch
- Drive System: Dual hydrostatic. Hydro-Gear EZT
- Ground Speed - Forward: 0-10.46 kph (0-6.5 mph)
- Ground Speed - Reverse: 0-6.43 kph (0-4 mph)
- Steering: SmoothTrak twin-lever steering provides independent control of each drive wheel. Speed, forward, reverse, brake, and turns are all controlled with hand-operated controls.
- Brakes: In Service: Hydrostatic dynamic braking. Parking: Patented automatic park brake system.
- Caster Tyres: 11 x 4 - 5, smooth tread
- Drive Tyres: 18 x 8.50 - 8, turf tread
- Weight: 237 kg (522 lbs)
- Seat: Moulded-vinyl, suspension springs
- Construction: Mainframe is 3.25" x 1.5" x .120" (8.25 cm x 3.8 cm x .30 cm) rectangular steel tubing. Front caster wheels mounted with roller bearings on each wheel. Front caster forks are .25" (.63 cm) steel. Front axle fabricated with steel ball bearings.
- ROPS: **No ROPS**
- Seat Suspension: Seat-pan suspension springs standard.
- Controls: Hand-operated choke, throttle, ignition switch, electric mower clutch, Integrated parking brakes
- Cup Holder: One cup holder moulded into the left side fuel tank. Accommodates nearly any cup size.
- Height: 39" (990 mm)
- Overall Length: 73" (1855 mm)
- Width: 53.4" (1356 mm) w/discharge chute up.
- Cutting Widths: 51.2" cut
- Deck Lift: Hand Operated
- Deck Construction: 11 ga, .120" (3.0 mm) fabricated welded steel deck with reinforced 14 ga (1.9 mm) spindle mounts and impact / trim areas featuring 1/4" (6.35 mm) steel bar.
- Cutting Height(s): Hand-operated deck height adjustment. Height adjustment 1.5" to 4.5" (3.81 cm to 11.43 cm)
- Blade(s): (3) Heavy-duty, heat treated blades 17.86"
- Blade Drive: V-belt drive from engine with electric clutch.
- Spindles: Die cast aluminium housings with 3/4" (19.05 mm) steel shafts and steel ball bearings with triple protection seals.
- Optional Accessories: Optional accessories available for purchase separately include: Mulch Kit 52": BDA117581 Catcher: BDA933010 - Non-powered, two-bag catcher . Light Kit: BDA119600 Steering Extension Kit: BDA333724
- Please Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
Download The User Manual
Copyright 2015~2018 Roy Gripske & Sons Pty. Ltd | All Rights Reserved |
PLP advises that product images supplied on this website are for illustration purposes only. PLP recommends that if you wish to purchase one of our products you should consult your nearest PLP dealer for the latest information on that PLP product, including pricing and availability.