16″ Kohler® Powered Heavy Sod Cutter
If you need a machine that can cut and roll up to 3-acres (1.2 hectare) of sod a day, the Heavy-Duty Sod Cutter is exactly what you need. Large enough to get big jobs done and small enough to be portable, this cost-effective, attachment ready unit is perfect for large jobs like sports fields or small size turf farms that do not have enough room for a harvester. The Heavy-Duty Sod Cutter is a fully commercial unit that takes sod cutting to the next level.*A Ride on Sulky-Roller is available for purchase separately.
16`` Kohler® Powered Heavy Sod Cutter
Stock Code: RU544853F
Cut and roll 3 acres per day.
Easy to reach control levers.
Automatic vertical cut-off with a disc clutch and brake.
Choice of cutting blades.
Optional Sulky-Roller available for separate purchase.
- Auto Cutoff: Roller chain drive; friction disc clutch and brake; sod-strip length adjustable from 1' to 9' (0.305m to 2.7m), with optional parts.
- Clutch: Spring-loaded belt tightener
- Cutting Thickness: Precise adjustment up to 2.5" (64 mm)
- Cutting Width: 16" (406 mm)
- Displacement: 23.7 cu. In. (389 cc)
- Drive System: Banded A-section, V-belt engine to gear case; gears and roller chain to drive wheels; gears to blade eccentric shaft; all gears heat-treated; two forward speeds; transmission has dog clutch to disengage blade
- Drive Wheels: Two 8 in. (203 mm) diameter; knobby-tread; rubber-vulcanised to cast-iron hubs
- Engine: 4-cycle Honda GX390; recoil starter; on/off switch; low-oil alert
- Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gal. (6.1 L)
- Height: 914 mm (36")
- Horsepower (@3,600 rpm): 11.7 hp (8.7 kW) Please note net horsepower as rated by the engine manufacturer as per SAE J1349 Standards.
- Length 1981 mm (78")
- Lubrication: Oil splash in gear case; pressure grease fittings elsewhere
- Oil Capacity: 1.16 qt. (1.1L)
- Speed - High Gear: 187 ft/min (57 m /min)
- Speed - Low Gear: 150 ft/min (46 m /min)
- Tyres - Rear: 8 x 2.50 with sealed roller bearings
- Weight: 250 kg (551 lb)
- Width 787 mm (31")
- Optional Accessories: Optional accessories available for purchase separately include:
- Please Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
Download The User Manual
Copyright 2015~2017 Roy Gripske & Sons Pty. Ltd | All Rights Reserved |
PLP advises that product images supplied on this website are for illustration purposes only. PLP recommends that if you wish to purchase one of our products you should consult your nearest PLP dealer for the latest information on that PLP product, including pricing and availability.